.
.
.
.
RETURN TO Carry On Tuesday

Saturday 14 January 2012

Carry On Tuesday Plus # 140


A few quotes from Samuel Beckett   ( 1906 - 1989)


“If you don't know where you are currently standing, you’re dead” 

 “We are all born mad. Some remain so.”

 “You're on Earth. There's no cure for that.”

 “Dance first. Think later. It's the natural order.”

“I can't go on, I'll go on.”

“My mistakes are my life.”

 “Don't touch me! Don't question me! Don't speak to me! Stay with me!”

“The sun shone, having no alternative, on the nothing new.”

 “Every word is like an unnecessary stain on silence and nothingness.”

 “Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.”

“The only sin is the sin of being born”

“Nothing is funnier than unhappiness.”


“Let's go." "We can't." "Why not?" "We're waiting for Godot.”


“No, I regret nothing, all I regret is having been born, dying is such a long tiresome business I always found.”

“Don't wait to be hunted to hide.”

“Silence, yes, but what silence! For it is all very fine to keep silence, but one has also to consider the kind of silence one keeps.”

 “Habit is a great deadener.”

 “I must go on. I can't go on. I'll go on.”

 “I've got my faults, but changing my tune isn't one of them.”

I must admit that despite the rude word at the end, this has to be my favourite!– Keith

 “The earth makes a sound as of sighs and the last drops fall from the emptied cloudless sky. A small boy, stretching out his hands and looking up at the blue sky, asked his mother how such a thing was possible. Fuck off, she said.”