.
.
.
.
RETURN TO Carry On Tuesday

Saturday 19 May 2012

Carry On Tuesday Plus # 156


The last line of Margaret Mitchell's controversial 1936 American Civil War novel Gone With The Wind .... and a few other quotes too!

Scarlett O'Hara: Tara. Home. I'll go home, and I'll think of some way to get him back. After all, tomorrow is another day.


       Mistress! What would I get out of that except a passel of brats?

    I won't think of it now. I can't stand it now. I'll think of it later.


         Hunger gnawed at her empty stomach again and she said aloud: 'As God is my witness, and God is my witness, the Yankees aren't going to lick me. I'm going to live through this, and when it's over, I'm never going to be hungry again. No, nor any of my folks. If I have to steal or kill - as God is my witness, I'm never going to be hungry again.


       In the end what will happen will be what has happened whenever a civilization breaks up. The people who have brains and courage come through and the ones who haven't are winnowed out.



A startling thought this, that a woman could handle business matters as well or better than a man, a revolutionary thought to Scarlett who had been reared in the tradition that men were omniscient and women none too. 


The trailer for the 1939  movie Gone with the Wind