.
.
.
.
RETURN TO Carry On Tuesday

Saturday 23 February 2013

Carry On Tuesday # 194



Tupac Amaru Shakur, known also by his stage name 2Pac was an American rapper, actor, record producer,  screenwriter, activist and writer. Shakur has sold over 75 million albums worldwide making him one of the best-selling music artists in the world. He was also a poet of some renown and it is one of his works I have chosen for this week's prompt.  He died victim of a drive-by shooting age just 25 in 1996





I Cry

Sometimes when I'm alone
I Cry,
Cause I am on my own.
The tears I cry are bitter and warm.
They flow with life but take no form
I Cry because my heart is torn.
I find it difficult to carry on.
If I had an ear to confide in,
I would cry among my treasured friend,
but who do you know that stops that long,
to help another carry on.
The world moves fast and it would rather pass by.
Then to stop and see what makes one cry,
so painful and sad.
And sometimes...
I Cry
and no one cares about why.

It was also used to provide the lyrics to a song called Sometimes I Cry by Dan Rockett